We’re a digital curriculum provider that works with thousands of schools in all 50 states. When a teacher is pulled in all directions by students, parents, administrators, and their own families, we’re here to help.
Our digital curriculum system takes the burden of planning, assessing, and grading off our teachers so they can do what they do best - teach.
AES has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for the past 4 years. We’re excited to continue this growth by hiring avid learners who care deeply about the success of our customers.
What It's Like to Work with Us
At AES, we thrive on collaboration and playing off each other’s strengths.
We’re a group of people who respect and trust each other, and we work hard to go above and beyond for our teammates and customers.
You’ll frequently find members of different teams working cross-functionally, whether it's sales and marketing, brainstorming ideas for new content, or customer success and product working to improve the customer experience.
Now, don’t get us wrong - we’re here to work hard and do our best, but we aren’t all business all the time.
Being part of the AES team means knowing who your teammates are beyond the work they do.
We know each other’s quirks and enjoy joking around at times. We’re here to celebrate when you have exciting news or listen when you need to get something off your chest.
Taking the time to know each other allows us to communicate better and understand each other’s perspectives when getting down to business.
If you’re excited to join a collaborative team at a growing company that serves thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students, keep reading to learn about this position.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Are you the type of person who asks questions to better understand and learn new things?
- Do you effectively shift from speaking with one customer to the next without skipping a beat?
- Do you cringe when you’re pressured to “get the order no matter what” – even if the solution may not be a good fit?
- Are you excited to use trust to connect with prospects and customers?
- Do you thrive when collaborating and working as part of a team?
If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
In This Role, You Will:
- Use trust to gain new business via the use of our MQL engine within the territory.
- Engage with existing customers to understand their challenges and determine how/if AES can help.
- Own the renewal of contracts within the book of business while being responsible for sustaining retention and annual growth.
- Review account performance using a strategic, forward-thinking lens to identify areas of improvement and create action plans designed to improve performance.
- Provide insights to help others on the team better understand customers and how they use the AES digital curriculum system.
- Work collaboratively with individuals on the Revenue Team to create a great experience for prospects and customers.
If you’re successful in this position, you will play a key role in helping AES grow our customer base by building connections with teachers and administrators.
What You Need
- Intellectual curiosity and an obsession with asking questions.
- A natural inclination for empathizing with other points of view.
- A passion and desire to learn from our customers every single day.
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- A desire for feedback and mindset of continuously improving.
What We Offer
- A culture of learning, with professional development opportunities throughout the year
- An opportunity to be part of a team impacting thousands of teachers and students
- Unlimited paid time off to provide flexibility for your life outside of AES
- An annual vacation stipend so you can make the most of your time away from work
- A 3-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a 401K
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- At least two years of professional sales experience
- Excellent phone, writing, and listening skills
- Self-starter who has a desire to learn, grow, and excel in their role
- Knowledge of business processes and organizational structures
- Experience reaching or exceeding weekly/monthly activity goals and quotas
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a similar CRM technology
- Bonus: Understanding of SaaS or subscription business model