We’re a subscription-based education company that works with thousands of schools in all 50 states. Most teachers feel they spend too much time planning and grading, so we created a curriculum system to help shoulder that burden. When teachers spend less time on that administrative work, they can focus more on doing what they love—empowering their students.
AES is on a mission to transform teachers filled with doubt, uncertainty, and a feeling of failure to being educators their students will remember. We’re looking for a Sales Account Manager focused on growing districts using the AES curriculum system.
AES has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the past 4 years with a three-year CAGR of 115%. During that time, we have grown from 16 to 34 employees. We’re excited to continue this growth by hiring avid learners who care deeply about the success of our teachers and administrators.
What It's Like to Work with Us
At AES, we thrive on collaboration and playing off each other’s strengths.
We’re a group of people who respect and trust each other, and we work hard to go above and beyond for our teammates and customers.
We are customer focused. We strive to become the most trusted voice in our target market by providing educational content to our audience.
Our vision is to serve 10 million active students on the AES curriculum system within 10 years.
By the end of 2024, AES plans to make the Inc 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the US for seven straight years. If you’re excited to join and impact a growth company that serves thousands of teachers and millions of students, keep reading to learn about this position.
In This Role, You Will:
- Manage the assigned territory, generating and closing sales opportunities with school districts
- Ownership for full customer lifecycle from prospect to close and future renewals in key strategic districts
- Managing approximately 125-150 school district relationships post-sale to secure contract renewals
- Identify potential expansion opportunities within accounts
- Effectively pursue and close expansion and cross-sell opportunities
- Proactively identify struggling accounts and ensure effective product usage for existing customer base
- Develop and nurture close relationships with teachers, administrators and other decision makers at the school, district, and state level
- Capitalize upon relationships to build referral pipeline
- Comfortably discuss educational trends and challenges with teachers and administrators
- Monitor Customer usage of products in your territory to:
- Learn how customer utilizes products and recommend options
- Explain and promote new features and revisions
- Provide additional training as needed to help customers feel comfortable and confident with the products
- Work with customers to secure renewals
- Recommend and sell additional products and services when appropriate
- Use Salesforce to document all customer interactions & maintain updated, accurate records
If you’re successful in this position, you will play a critical role in helping AES grow our customer base.
What We Offer
- A culture of learning, with professional development opportunities throughout the year
- An opportunity to be part of a team impacting thousands of teachers and students
- Unlimited paid time off to provide flexibility for your life outside of AES
- An annual vacation stipend so you can make the most of your time away from work
- A 4-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a 401K
Ideal Requirements for the Role
- Proven performance of exceeding sales targets
- 2+ years’ experience in similar role in education
- Experience in K-12 educational subscription-based sales
- Experience managing a sales process of 6+ months
- Advanced level in Salesforce CRM experience
- Demonstrated experience using and learning new technology tools
- 3+ years’ experience working remote and with hybrid teams
Skills and Abilities for Success in the Role
- Relationship building and management with key decision makers in k-12 school districts
- Identify and capitalize on long-term revenue potential with districts over multiple years
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Committed to continual improvement, learning and mastering sales skills
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about being useful and helping others
- Willingness to travel