We’re seeking a passionate writer to join our marketing team to create educational content for our website and help grow our customer base.
We’re a digital curriculum provider that works with thousands of schools in all 50 states. When a teacher is pulled in all directions by students, parents, administrators, and their own families, we’re here to help.
Our digital curriculum system takes the burden of planning, assessing, and grading off our teachers so they can do what they do best - teach.
AES has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing companies for the past 3 years. We’re excited to continue this growth by hiring avid learners who care deeply about the success of our customers.
What It's Like to Work with Us
At AES, we thrive on collaboration and playing off each other’s strengths.
We’re a group of people who respect and trust each other, and we work hard to go above and beyond for our teammates and customers.
You’ll frequently find members of different teams working cross-functionally, whether it's sales and marketing, brainstorming ideas for new content, or customer success and product working to improve the customer experience.
Now, don’t get us wrong - we’re here to work hard and do our best, but we aren’t all business all the time.
Being part of the AES team means knowing who your teammates are beyond the work they do.
We know each other’s quirks and enjoy joking around at times. We’re here to celebrate when you have exciting news or listen when you need to get something off your chest.
Taking the time to know each other allows us to communicate better and understand each other’s perspectives when getting down to business.
If you’re excited to join a collaborative team at a growing company that serves thousands of teachers and hundreds of thousands of students, keep reading to learn about this position.
Does This Sound Like You?
- Are you the type of person who asks questions to better understand and learn new things?
- Do you cringe every time you see poor grammar or spelling?
- Do you agonize over word choice on a daily basis?
- Does keyword stuffing drive you nuts because it focuses more on search engines and less on the person reading it?
- Do you get excited thinking about how something you write can lead to a sale?
- Do you want to write content that helps readers make decisions without feeling pressured or like they are being sold to?
- Are you excited to explore the way video can educate customers?
- Do you thrive when collaborating with others?
If so, this may be the perfect opportunity for you.
In This Role, You Will:
- Use the They Ask You Answer methodology to write content to answer questions our prospects and customers have.
- Repurpose and update existing content to improve the reader’s experience and understanding.
- Work closely with the Senior Content Marketing Specialist to create helpful, trustworthy content our readers love.
- Work collaboratively with individuals on the Revenue Team to create content that leads to better conversations with prospects and customers.
- Plan and develop video content to expand on written content as appropriate.
- Follow content guidelines and SEO best practices to maintain the AES voice and authority while providing a good user experience.
- Promote content through various mediums, including our social media channels and in the AES Educator Community.
If you’re successful in this position, you will play a key role in helping AES grow our customer base by creating content that focuses on them, not us.
What You Need
- An obsession with listening and asking questions
- A passion and ability to write great educational content
- A desire for feedback and a mindset of continuously improving
- A high standard and ownership in the content you create
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
What We Offer
- A culture of learning, with professional development opportunities throughout the year
- An opportunity to be part of a team impacting thousands of teachers and students
- Unlimited paid time off to provide flexibility for your life outside of AES
- An annual vacation stipend so you can make the most of your time away from work
- A 3-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a 401K
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 1-2 years of experience working in a B2B [or B2C] capacity
- Work full time in our Lancaster, PA Office
- Excellent communication and interview skills and is a curious and thoughtful listener
- Operates well when giving and receiving feedback
- Bonus skills: Experience with HubSpot and HubSpot Content Marketing Certification