Deliver the AES brand promise through the creation, development, maintenance, and delivery of all curriculum products and initiatives.
Are you passionate about curriculum and education? Do you strive to improve systems and processes? Are you a strategic thinker who can develop plans for how your department can be a pivotal contributor to the mission, vision, and goals of a company? If so, we are the employer you need with a position made for you!
The AES Director of Curriculum Development is a position for a visionary leader who recognizes the strengths of the staff they lead, harnesses those strengths for tasks, projects, or individual assignments, and mentors those employees to grow their skills and abilities.
You will have the opportunity to guide staff in their understanding of how their roles contribute to the overall mission of AES, reward them when their work exceeds expectations, and coach them when it veers off-course. As the department grows under your leadership, you will have the opportunity to choose new members who will further complement the team’s strengths and objectives.
What Will You Do?
- Develop new (or improve existing) curriculum based on current trends, customer requests, required state changes in standards, or industry standards
- Develop projects and manage tasks to create and maintain company-wide standards for producing and refining curriculum, in addition to evaluating the success of the curriculum
- Develop strong relationships with the leadership team to outline strategic company goals
- Develop, monitor and share metrics with the curriculum team and leadership to evaluate the performance of the curriculum team
- Make decisions on curriculum projects aligned with company strategy and goals
- Develop and facilitate communication updates of project statuses to all internal and external stakeholders
- Develop partnerships with contractors in curriculum planning, creation, and editing when needed
- Develop, and regularly review, a budget to ensure you are on-target with financial projections for the development of the curriculum
Who Will You Work With?
- You will work with an amazing team of instructional designers, curriculum writers, media and quality assurance specialists
- You will work collaboratively with AES employees in all departments who are passionate about helping teachers and administrators succeed
- You will work on cross-functional projects with the Director of Software, Director of Sales, and Director of Marketing
- The Founder and President of the company will be your leader and mentor
What You Need
- Passion for education and our mission to empower lifelong learners
- Desire to go above and beyond to assist teammates and customers and maintain a positive attitude
- Intellectual curiosity and the willingness to learn from those around you
- A high standard of excellence in the work you do and the expectation that others share that same standard
- Excellent relationship skills: able to communicate with firmness and warmth
- Bachelor’s degree in instructional design, curriculum, or another related field
- Familiarity with a variety of education standards (e.g., Career and Technical Education State Standards)
- Experience with LMS systems in the creation and delivery of curriculum
- Demonstrated experience in researching, developing and writing new curriculum
- Ability to learn existing processes and find ways to improve them
- Willingness and ability to learn new software quickly
- Skilled in project management (PMP certification preferred); able to support an idea from conception to completion
- Experience leading in-person group training sessions
- Availability for occasional overnight travel
What We Offer
- Meaningful work- this is your opportunity to have a powerful impact on teachers, administrators and students around the country
- A team of individuals who are passionate about our customers and with providing them with awesome service and a curriculum system which exceeds their expectations
- Competitive compensation and benefits including PTO and 401K