We’re a subscription-based education company that works with thousands of schools in all 50 states. Most teachers feel they spend too much time planning and grading, so we created a curriculum system to help shoulder that burden. When teachers spend less time on that administrative work, they can focus more on doing what they love—empowering their students.
AES is on a mission to transform teachers filled with doubt, uncertainty, and a feeling of failure to being educators their students will remember. We’re looking for a Director of Marketing focused on growing traffic, leads, and sales.
AES has been named to the Inc. 5000 list of fastest-growing companies for the past 4 years with a three-year CAGR of 115%. During that time, we have grown from 16 to 34 employees. We’re excited to continue this growth by hiring avid learners who care deeply about the success of our teachers and administrators.
What It's Like to Work with Us
At AES, we thrive on collaboration and playing off each other’s strengths.
We’re a group of people who respect and trust each other, and we work hard to go above and beyond for our teammates and customers.
We are customer focused. We strive to become the most trusted voice in our target market by providing educational content to our audience.
Our vision is to serve 10 million active students on the AES curriculum system within 10 years.
By the end of 2024, AES plans to make the Inc 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the US for seven straight years. If you’re excited to join and impact a growth company that serves thousands of teachers and millions of students, keep reading to learn about this position.
Our Ideal Marketing Director Will Be:
- Obsessed with making AES the most trusted company in our market
- A strategic thinker with a proven track record of linking marketing activity with business outcomes
- A hands-on leader able to shift from strategic thinker to tactical expert to deliver on strategy
- Adept at using marketing metrics as leading indicators of business outcomes
- Focused more on happy customers than moving too fast
- Passionate about our customers and being their champion
In This Role, You Will:
- Work daily with key partners at AES – the CEO, Director of Sales, Director of Product and Director of Operations
- Develop the marketing strategy that drives traffic, qualified leads, and sales for the company
- Work closely with the Director of Sales and understand the sales process to grow sales, increase net new opportunities, and lower churn
- Work in HubSpot daily and own the Marketing tech stack to create strategies, produce management reports, and show ROI of marketing investment to leadership peers
- Grow a successful inbound marketing company to increase a predictable pipeline of qualified leads
- Manage, lead, and help your direct reports be successful in their commitments and scorecards
- Manage multiple projects involving cross functional work with other departments
- Build the AES Brand to become the most trusted voice and brand of choice in our target market
- Deliver all marketing activities on brand, on budget, and on strategy
- Lead a current team of three and hire to grow that team as needed
If you’re successful in this position, you will play a critical role in helping AES grow our customer base while coaching individuals to excel in their roles.
What Is It Like to be a Leader with Us?
- Model the behaviors linked to our two core values: Always Be Learning and Above and Beyond
- Buy-in to using the Entrepreneurial Operating System (EOS) framework to drive clarity and communication within AES
- Key to helping execute our 10-year vision (10 million students) and collaborating with the leadership team to develop the three-year and one-year plans and goals
- Commit to using the They Ask You Answer framework to help drive leads and sales
- Lead with humility and transparency
What We Offer
- A culture of learning, with professional development opportunities throughout the year
- An opportunity to be part of a team impacting thousands of teachers and students
- Unlimited paid time off to provide flexibility for your life outside of AES
- An annual vacation stipend so you can make the most of your time away from work
- A 4-week sabbatical after five years of employment
- Competitive compensation and benefits, including a 401K
Ideal Requirements for the Role
- Significant experience building a marketing team in a growth business under 50 employees
- Experience in managerial accountabilities, including hiring
- Experience implementing, They Ask You Answer or a similar proven Inbound marketing framework to drive traffic, leads, and sales
- Expertise in assessing inbound marketing strategies while ruthlessly prioritizing resources
- In depth knowledge of HubSpot, SEO, and Google Analytics
- Preferred experience in Salesforce and Wistia
- 5+ years’ experience managing remote and hybrid teams
Skills and Abilities for Success in the Role
- Analytical and decision-making skills
- Leadership development and strong coaching skills
- Strategic thinking in setting challenging plans/goals/objectives
- Problem solving skills leading to a win/win solution
- Healthy conflict resolution skills
Interested in This Position?