Are you passionate about creating a better educational system? Do you always focus on listening and asking questions of your customers? Do you go the extra mile to do things the right way for customers?
Applied Educational Systems is seeking a Strategic Account Executive to support our growing revenue team.
Applied Educational Systems (AES) has created a digital curriculum system which helps teachers cut 10+ hours of planning and grading each week. AES helps more than 3,000 teachers save time each year, and continues to expand reaching more teachers than ever. Our purpose is to Empower Lifelong Learners by building software which allows teachers to cut hours out of their day and spend more time with their students. The long term goal for AES is to support learning for over 10,000,000 students.
The Purpose of the Strategic Account Executive
As a Strategic Account Executive, you will assume ownership of annual revenue growth and relationship building within a defined territory of large, strategic accounts. You will be responsible for the full sales cycle, including ongoing relationship management and renewal sales.
A successful Strategic Account Executive will drive the growth and retention of our existing customer base by doing the following:
- Increase annual revenue each year in their territory
- Develop and execute quarterly plans to achieve revenue targets
- Drive engagement, support, and long-lasting solutions within their book of business
- Utilize the benefits of our "Inbound Marketing Model"
- Expand within current customers where possible
- Secure commitments from clients across the country
- Leverage multiple forms of communication including phone, video, email, and chat
- Promote our company's core values daily
- Share customer success stories whenever possible
What You Need for This Role
- Self-starter who acts when they believe it's right instead of waiting to be told
- Experience managing a complex, lengthy sales process of 12+ months
- Relationship building and management with key decision makers in districts
- Identify and capitalize on long-term revenue potential with districts over multiple years
- Comfortable in a high-velocity sales environment dealing with many account simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Committed to continual improvement, learning, and mastering new skills
- Always curious, asking questions, and looking for creative solutions to problems
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Passionate about improving education and helping others
- A demonstrated positive, collaborative approach to work
- Strong desire and hunger to succeed
- Comfortable dealing with rejection
- Desire to disrupt an industry
- Negotiate contracts and navigate procurement process within school districts
- Transition seamlessly between communication channels (webinar, phone, email, live chat)
- Willingness to travel
- Passion for learning and education
- Desire to go above and beyond to assist AES customers
- Intellectual curiosity and the willingness to learn and share with others you work with on the project
- A high standard of excellence in the work you do and the expectation that others share that same standard
- Excellent relationship skills able to communicate with firmness and warmth
What It's Like to Work With AES
Everyone at AES has a passion for learning and education. AES came together because they understood that teaching is a passion, and it's also a challenge. AES' mission is to help teachers preserve their time so they can do what they love and work with students. AES has been in business for more than 30 years. They've been privileged to have the best team in the CTE market for product development. They strive for transparency in everything they do, both within and outside the company. They do everything they can to provide value to teachers so they, in turn, can empower lifelong learners.