What's Included in the Revamped Customer Service Module?
In the updated Customer Service module, students use scenarios, simulations, and other tools to learn about the different types of customer service, what it means to be a customer service employee, how to handle different customer behaviors, and how to grow trust between customers and organizations.
In total, this module contains 21 hours of content spread across:
- 4 exploration activities
- 11 eLearning lessons
- 4 unit quizzes
- 1 reflection activity
- 7 reinforce activities
- 1 module test
To see the details of these activities and lessons, view the Customer Service module page.
How Is the Updated Customer Service Module Different from the Previous Version?
There are several main changes you and your students will see with this release. Across the module, we made improvements to:
- Update guidance to customer service guidelines, duties, and responsibilities to present it as a skill needed for all careers and occupations.
- Increase content around Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
- Better incorporate all types of customer service skills (in-person, digital, and over the phone).
- Add material on the culture of customer service and using customer service skills in a diverse workplace.
- Increase the number of Explore and Reinforce projects available to go deeper into the learning.
Altogether, these changes will provide students with a more advanced understanding of customer service to better prepare them for their careers.
What Do Teachers Need to Do to Use the Updated Curriculum?
The Customer Service module has been automatically updated for you. If you used this module previously, we recommend you dive into the revamped version to see what’s new.
If you downloaded or printed any materials from the module before July 9, 2022, you should redownload them to get their latest versions. This may include:
- Lesson plans
- PowerPoint presentations
- And more
Any custom exams created with the previous version of the Customer Service module may include questions that no longer align with the curriculum content. We recommend you review any current custom exams and either remove the outdated questions or create a new exam.
If you have questions about the updates to the module, head to the Help Center and send us a chat!